Summer Work Permit Information 2016
Student Work Permit Schedule
Issuance of Work Permits
I. General Work Permits
If a high school student needs to obtain a general work permit during the summer break, he/she needs to obtain a LAUSD Work Permit from a YouthSource Center satellite office or the Work Experience Education (WEE) Office downtown.
Click this link to find a YouthSource Center near you; the document lists
several offices where students can have work permits processed.
The Work Experience Education (WEE) Office located at 333 South Beaudry Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90017 on the 25th floor. On the 1st floor, the STUDENT/PARENT/GUARDIAN needs to let security personnel know that he/she is requesting a work permit. The office is open from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm.
The following link provides parking directions to the central office (Beaudry)
When requesting the work permit, the STUDENT must bring the following:
1) Completed Statement of Intent to Employ Minor and Request for Work Permit (B1-1) form- make sure that the parent and the employer have signed the form- you can download the form by clicking the following link: http://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/ct/we/documents/b1-1frm.doc
- The student must be present when requesting the work permit.
- NOTE: ALL SIGNATURES ON THE WORK PERMIT APPLICATION MUST BE ORIGINAL (wet), INCLUDING THE EMPLOYER'S SIGNATURE. A WORK PERMIT REQUEST WILL BE DENIED IF ANY OF THE SIGNATURES ARE STAMPED AND/OR PHOTOCOPIED.
2) A current ID card (i.e. school, DMV, passport) - CHECK CASHING ID CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!!!!!
3) Bring the completed form plus a picture ID (School ID, California ID, CA Drivers License, or Passport)
II. Entertainment Work Permits
When schools are closed for spring, summer and winter breaks, our office can assist in completing part of the entertainment work permit application (please click the following link for the entertainment work permit application: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/DLSEForm277.pdf). For more information on entertainment work permits, please call (818) 901-5484.
III. General Questions
If there are any additional questions, please contact the WEE Office:
Los Angeles Unified School District
Work Experience Education (WEE) Office
333 South Beaudry Avenue, 25th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Tel: 213-241-7053 ▪ Fax: 213-241-3390
Website: cte.lausd.net ▪ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org