Enrollment Hours: 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Monday - Friday
Who gets admitted to Hamilton High School?
IF THE SCHOOL IS IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD
After determining your child’s school of residence, (which can be verified using School Finder @ http://notebook.lausd.net/schoolsearch/selector.jsp), simply register him or her at that school.
You must have ALL the following documents to register your child.
A COPY of each document should be attached to the original to expedite the process.
- Current gas, electric, water bill ONLY.
- Current Picture ID with the address reflecting the current utility bill.
- Immunization Records (yellow card) from your Health Care Provider.
- Establish Guardianship with a Birth Certificate, Legal Court Documents, Photo ID, Foster Home License, etc.
- You MUST have Check-out papers (i.e.; LAUSD PAR), Official Transcripts for high school students and last Report Card for 9th Graders from previous school of attendance.
- IEP's (special education) MUST be current and reviewed by Hamilton's IEP Coordinator.
IF THE SCHOOL IS NOT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD
Students may apply to the Academy of Music or Humanities magnet by completing a Choices Brochure (available to all LAUSD students and residents during the months of November and December).
For more information on magnet schools please call the following numbers:
Student Integration (213) 241-6532 or (877) 462-4798
Permits with Transportation (PWT) (213) 241-6532 or (877) 462-4798
For schools that offer Open Enrollment call (213) 241-6414
Other questions regarding admissions to Hamilton should be addressed to the Director of Admissions, Attendance, and Student Welfare – Stephanie Lartelier.