Parent Conference Night
Parent Conference Night on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Please remember to have your questions ready, as to keep your conference time down to the 5min maximum. If you need more time, please schedule a separate conference with the teachers of whom you need the extra time.
Right before Parent Conferences, starting at 4:30 pm and ending at 5:30 pm, we will hold our annual "Parent AP Fair." Please come and get informed about all the AP classes we offer for all our students 10-12 grade.
SOCIAL MEDIA AWARENESS WORKSHOP #2
Hamilton Parents, please don't forget to join us next Wednesday, February 15, 2017, for our much solicited, highly anticipated
"SOCIAL MEDIA AWARENESS WORKSHOP!"
Many parents asked for this particular presentation, and this will be our 2nd workshop featuring this theme, so if you didn't make it out last month, PLEASE COME LEARN SOME VERY HELPFUL TIPS AND SAFETY PRACTICES WHEN DEALING WITH OUR CHILDREN AND INTERNET SAFETY!
Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Where: Parent Center, Rm. 109
Facilitator: Jaqwel Brown, Communities in Schools
Health Care Options Workshop for Parents & Families
- The Children's Health Access and Medi-Cal Program (CHAMP) supports academic achievement and promotes wellness by enrolling children and youth into health insurance programs. CHAMP provides information to parents and district staff on free or low-cost health insurance options.
- Healthy Start is designed to serve children, youth, their family members, and the community. The program provides comprehensive school-integrated services and activities to meet the desired results identified in the areas of academics, youth development, family support, basic needs, and physical and mental health care.
The workshop will be held:
Date: Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Location: Hamilton HS Parent Center, Room 109
Coffee with the Principal
Come meet with Principal Pensamiento in a relaxed environment, and become acquainted with your new Parent Center as well!! We are looking forward to seeing you:
Date: Friday, November 4, 2016
Let's share our vision of Hamilton together, and do the best we can together, to raise student achievement!
Characteristics of Families Whose Children do Well in School
• Establish a daily family routine
• Monitor out-of-school activities
• Model the value of learning, self-discipline and hard work
• Express high but realistic expectations for achievement
• Encourage children's development and progress in school
• Encourage reading, writing, and discussions among family members
• Use community resources for family needs
Henderson, A.T., & Mapp, K.L. (2002). A New Wave of Evidence: Impact of School, Family, and Community Connections on Student Achievement, National Center for Family and Community Connections with School, Southwest Education Development Laboratory. ED-01-CO-009
As a school, we strive to help children pursue their dreams and reach their fullest academic potential, but we need the help of parents. Being that parents are the first teachers of our students, the Parent Center provides opportunities to help parents support their child’s learning at home and at school. The Parent Center serves as a resource to ensure partnership between the school and the parent.
The Parent Center has brochures, pamphlets, and resource books on various topics (testing information, college admissions, parenting strategies, etc.) There is also a computer with internet access available for parents to research scholarships, explore prospective colleges and careers, and view the College Board website to apply for testing accommodations and check for important testing dates and other information.
The "Parent in Control" Workshop Series, brought to you by Pupil Services and Attendance is beginning soon!!!!
Please attend our FREE behavior modification workshop!!! Learn parenting skills and strategies to improve your child's behavior without arguments!
Experience success at school and at home!!!
Open Enrollment for all parents wishing to attend!!!
Date: Every other Thursday, beginning November 3, 2016
Place: The Parent Center, Room 109
For more information, please either contact the PSA Dept. or your Hamilton Parent Center.